I mentioned last week in my post My Kids’ Recipe Challenge that we would be taking recipes and making them gluten free. This weekend we made A Frozen Brownie Sundae. The original recipe came from Pillsbury Kid Cookbook. It calls for:
- brownie mix
- ice cream
- Andes Creme De Menthe Thins
- fudge ice cream topping
The only ingredient that we had to substitute was the brownie mix. I used the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mixfor our brownie.
- Basically you make the brownie as directed in the box.
- Cool the brownie on wire rack. Return to pan.
- Top with soft ice cream (any flavor really)
- Freeze for 8 hours plus
- Cut out individual squares and top with fudge and a candy.
Next time I make the brownie sundae I will attempt to make my own brownies from scratch. I want to incorporate the Sneaky Chef into my brownies too. (see this post about Sneaky Chef)
Here is the picture of our creation:
The Reviews: Awesome! They couldn’t get enough. My son kept saying he wanted more.
I am sharing this recipe on Gluten Free Wednesdays